We are a vibrant, growing, family-oriented and Bible-based Anglican Church in the heart of Walmer, Port Elizabeth. We are looking for a part-time Youth Pastor to develop and grow the well-established Youth ministry within the Parish.
- A faithful follower of Jesus Christ with an established commitment to the Church.
- Someone with a heart for children and youth.
- Excited about seeing young people both come to and grow in faith in Jesus Christ, and seeing them connected into the wider church community.
- Pastoral in approach with an ability to relate well to children and teenagers.
- A firm believer in the inter generational nature of the church, prepared to work with and alongside all ages and stages, encouraging collaboration, mentoring and personal growth.
- Able to plan youth activities and events, with an understanding of safety and child protection.
- Able to integrate in to the mainline Christian ethos within the Anglican tradition.
- Someone who works well with a volunteer team, building effective relationships.
- Trained in or willing to be trained in theology and ministry.
We’d love to hear from you!
We offer a competitive package, with room to grow into a full-time position, for the right candidate. The appointment is for 1st July 2023.
Please deliver your CV to St John’s Anglican Church, Cnr 8th Ave & Church Road, Walmer. Or email us.
Closing date for applications: 11th June 2023.
Potential candidates will be contacted for an interview process.